Business Licensing

Business License Activity

A searchable report of business licenses issued and/or renewed is available in the permitting and licensing portal.

View the Business License Fee Schedule

Contact Us

Business Licensing is part of Development Services, located on the west end of the main floor of City Hall at 435 Ryman Street. Call (406) 552-6121 or email for more information. 

  1. General Business License
  2. Construction Contractor License
  3. Mobile / Itinerant Vendor
  4. Commercial Rental License
  5. Liquor License
  6. Medical Marijuana License
  7. Smart911 Facility

General Business License

Most businesses fall into this category. If you are providing goods or services in the City of Missoula that does not involve construction, commercial rentals or liquor, you will need a General Business License. background check is required for all business owners who go onto residential property for any purpose.

The City offers two type of general business licenses: Commercial Location and Home Based Location.