Volunteers Needed

For the City Board of Adjustment

Be a part of keeping local government accessible to the community. Mayor John Engen is seeking applications for a volunteer to serve on the City Board of Adjustment as an alternate board member.   

Board of Adjustment members play a vital role to the City of Missoula as the guardians of the zoning code. Under state law, the board members decide when a variance from the code is warranted and conduct hearings and make decisions in accordance with the ordinance on many different land use issues.  Applicants should have a good understanding of the code or the willingness to gain that understanding.

For more information please visit the Board of Adjustment board page.

Terms begin immediately and generally run for a period of three years; however, the current vacancy is for a vacated term. The board meets monthly on every fourth Wednesday in the evening. Applicants applying for the board will interview with Mayor Engen and must reside within city limits. 

​Apply Online Here

Apply online here

Download Application Here, or applications can be picked up in the Mayor's Office at City Hall.

Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 10, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. If you have any questions or would like more information please contact Heidi Bakula in the Mayor's Office at hbakula@ci.missoula.mt.us or 552-6001.