.The Missoula Police Department is accepting applications from POST Certified Peace Officers. Application materials are available online POST Certified Application. This recruitment will create a pool of qualified applicants that are eligible for hiring by the Missoula Police Department in between normal recruiting cycles.
If you meet the minimum requirements of a Montana Police Officer and have a POST certificate, please submit your POST Certified application to: Missoula Police Department, Attn: Becky Potton, Recruitment Officer, 435 Ryman Street, Missoula, MT 59802. POST Certified applications will be accepted throughout the year.
Police Officer entry level pay is $29.90 as of July 2021.
Minimum Requirements for Peace Officer per Montana Code Annotated:
1. be a citizen of the United States;
2. be at least 18 years of age;
3. be fingerprinted and a search made of the local, state, and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal record;
4. not have been convicted of a crime for which the person could have been imprisoned in a federal or state penitentiary;
5. be of good moral character, as determined by a thorough background investigation;
6. be a high school graduate or have been issued a high school equivalency diploma by the superintendent of public instruction or by an appropriate issuing agency of another state or of the federal government;
7. free from any mental or physical condition that might adversely affect performance by the applicant of the duties of a peace officer; or
8. possess or be eligible for a valid Montana driver’s license.