City Council Records

We broadcast City Council meetings live on the Internet and on cable Channel 190. Meeting materials and videos are available on demand.


Ordinances are a rule or law established by the City Council. Ordinances commonly govern zoning, building, safety, and other municipal matters.


Resolutions are a formal expression of the opinion or will of the City Council. A resolution is generally used to provide guidance and to dispense with administrative matters of the City. Common resolutions include street vacations, financial transactions, annexations, and policy directives.

City Archives

View archived meeting agendas and minutes, and other City records. Select the All Archive Items drop down or use the search feature to access older documents.

Adobe Reader may be required to view some documents. Get Adobe Reader

Request Public Records

Marriage / divorce records - Contact Missoula County Clerk of District Court 406-258-4780
Birth / death records - Contact Missoula County Clerk and Recorder 406-258-4752
Request building/permit records*
Request Municipal Court records
Request Fire Department records
Request Police Department records
Request other public records*

*If we can process your request in less than half an hour and send it to you electronically, there is no fee. The City Council has adopted a resolution establishing for fees for requests that require a longer time to process, and/or if you would like paper copies or electronic records on storage media provided by the City. Contact City Clerk Marty Rehbein for more information at 406-552-6078.