Reserve a picnic shelter or park
Picnic Shelter Reservations
Are you planning a family picnic, baby shower, birthday party, or small gathering? Reserve a picnic shelter today! See locations and fees below.
Reservations guarantee the location, date and time for your scheduled event. We recommend planning early due to the high demand for park sites and facilities. Shelter reservations are available from April 15 through October 15. During the remainder of the year, sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations open on the first business day after January 1 each year.
Shelters are available for rent for picnics, reunions, and other events during these time periods:
Are you planning a wedding, having a large event, inviting the public, food trucks, or having a special event? Special use permits and fees are required for special events and for reservations at Fort Missoula Regional Park, McCormick Park, Bess Read Park and Memorial Rose Garden. Learn more
Reserve a picnic shelter today!
Click here to make a reservation online.
Email email@example.com to request a park.
Walk In to the main Parks & Recreation office located inside the Currents Aquatics Center, 600 Cregg Ln. in McCormick Park Monday through Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.
Call 406-721-PARK (7275)
Office Hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed all legal holidays.
Reservable Picnic Shelters
|Shelters with electricity access||Fee/Time Block||Full Day Fee|
|Silver Park Shelter||$94.50||$236.25|
|Silver Park Pavilion||$192.50||$577.50|
|*FMRP Bitterroot Shelter||$51.75||$129.25|
|*FMRP Meadowlark Shelter||$165.00||$425.50|
|*Fort Missoula Regional Park shelters require a $200 deposit|
|Standard picnic shelters |
(no electricity access)
|Fee / Time Block||Fee for Full Day|
|*Alcohol not permitted|
Fort Missoula Regional Park
|Park||Fee / Time Block||Fee for Full Day||Deposit|
|Bella Vista Pavilion|
Request a reservation
|$365 (Fri - Sun) $312 (Mon - Thurs)||$912.50 (Fri - Sun) $780 (Mon - Thurs)||$500|
Request a reservation
|$94.50 (Fri - Sun) $76.50 (Mon - Thurs)||$236.25 (Fri - Sun) $191.25 (Mon - Thurs)||$200|
Add-Ons for Pavilion
- Banquet tables and chairs: $10 per table, $2 per chair
- PA System: $120 per day
- Special Use Permits are required special events
Alcohol Permit at FMRP
$50 permit fee, plus a $50-$200 deposit depending on group size. You may purchase an alcohol permit online for Fort Missoula Regional Park.
Special use permits and fees are required for special events and for reservations at:
- Fort Missoula Regional Park
- McCormick Park
- Bess Read Park
- Memorial Rose Garden
- Greenough Park Footbridge
- Silver Park
To book a Special Event, email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a reservation.
See MMC #12.40.040 Exhibit B for a list of parks where alcohol is permitted.
- Possession and consumption of beer, wine and hard cider are allowed for individuals or small groups of six or less without a permit, or for groups of seven or more with a permit, in parks listed in Exhibit B where a restroom or portable toilet is provided and is available.
- You may purchase an alcohol permit online for Bonner Park, McCormick Park, Playfair Park, & Fort Missoula Regional Park.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
Amplified sound is prohibited in parks with the exceptions below and further defined in MMC 12.40.065 #29 Exhibit C.
- Small impromptu gatherings of 6 or fewer park users amplifying sound are required to adhere to restrictions set forth in Exhibit C designated as Type 2 community parks and Type 3 neighborhood parks. Learn more
- A fee-based amplified sound permit is required for large events of 7 or more park users as set forth in Exhibit C designated as Type 1 community parks and Type 4 neighborhood parks
- Amplified sound is defined as any powered sound device with volume control.